Episode 16, September 5, 2015
Today we continue our review of Jesse Schell’s article “Making Great VR: Six Lessons Learned From I Expect You To Die” and read through lessons 2 and 3. Lesson Two is “Design for the Medium”. Lesson Three is “Immersion is More Important than Gameplay”. Meanwhile I apologize for the especially poor sound quality in the episode, Jarrett phoned in from the car as he and his brother Steven are on an eleven day road trip zig-zagging across the country from New Hampshire to Los Angeles.
- OHSOME Interactive http://ohsomeinteractive.com/
- VRMT World Building Tool http://defectivestudios.com/vrmt/
- VR Storytelling course at Syracuse University, Newhouse School of Communications http://journovation.syr.edu/vrstorytelling/
- Your host’s new book: “Unity Virtual Reality Projects” by Jonathan Linowes https://www.packtpub.com/game-development/unity-virtual-reality-projects
- Blog post: “Making Great VR: Six Lessons Learned From I Expect You To Die” by Jess Schell, http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/JesseSchell/20150626/247113/Making_Great_VR_Six_Lessons_Learned_From_I_Expect_You_To_Die.php
- Vive World Tour dates http://blog.htc.com/2015/07/the-htc-vive-world-tour-is-here/