Episode 28, March 9, 2016
In this episode we discuss an article contrasting room-scale versus seated VR experiences recently written by Borrowed Light Studios. We then contrast it with a talk from Jono Forbes at Vision Summit on room scale for complex room levels. But first we chat about whether two to three years is a reasonable horizon for developing new games and learning new technologies, and other random things VR and AR.
- Bloc.io online code school https://www.bloc.io/
- Indie Game Developers Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/IndieGameDevs/
- The Atlas Robot https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVlhMGQgDkY
- “Room Scale vs Seated VR”, Borrowed Light Studios, http://www.borrowedlightvr.com/2016/02/29/room-scale-vs-seated-vr/
- “The Future of Design”, SpaceX https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNqs_S-zEBY&feature=youtu.be
- “Building Inside the Box: Creating Complex Rooms and Covering a Lot of Ground in Room-Scale VR”, Jono Forbes, Vision Summit 2016 presentation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFzkfJUFhgw