After a few month’s break we’re back. In this episode we take 5 minutes to catch up on things in our lives, including my new book “Augmented Reality for Developers” coming out next month. And then jump into VR and AR topics. We talk about Microsoft’s MR – Mixed Reality strategy and upcoming products for Windows 10 Creator Edition. We also discuss the Apple ARKit for iOS and the Google ARCore for Android. And other things VR and AR.
Episode 42 – What is wrong with Millennials? Nothing!
In this episode we go off topic and talk about a recent Simon Sinek video about why Millennials are worthless. But of course we also talk about the CES 2017 show, Oculus room scale, photogrammetry, and lots of other things VR and AR.
- CES 2017 http://www.ces.tech/
- Vive Tracker https://www.vive.com/us/vive-tracker/
- Multiplayer VR with Vive Tracker http://www.techradar.com/news/vive-tracker-is-the-answer-to-new-kinds-of-gameplay-multiplayer-vr
- Reality Capture photogrammetry https://www.capturingreality.com/Product
- Simon Sinek on Millennials in the Workplace https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hER0Qp6QJNU&feature=youtu.be
- AR In Action summit http://arinaction.org/
Episode 38, August 13, 2016
Back in June I was interviewed as a guest on a morning talk show called “Chicks Dishing” at a local radio station, WLTN-FM, in the White Mountains region of Littleton, New Hampshire. In this episode I replay the show, about a half-hour. We were invited on air to promote a new local meetup group, the Littleton Tech Meetup, but we spent considerable time talking about virtual reality. It was fun framing the conversation for a general audience including people who probably have never seen or even heard of virtual reality and augmented reality.
- “Chicks Dishing” with Angel Larcom, WLTN-FM, Weekdays 10 to 11am http://wltnradio.com/kasey-nightingale-3/
- Littleton Tech Meetup http://www.meetup.com/Littleton-Tech-Meetup/
Episode 9, June 26, 2015
Today I try my first monologue episode, where I talk about project management, the definition of “done”, and wonder how to storyboard games and VR experiences.
Episode 2. May 15, 2015
Today I’m joined by someone I’ve known all my life, literally, my cousin Gary Linowes, a brand-marketing expert and technology enthusiast who lives in Maryland. I was in town a few weeks ago and dragged him and his son to a DC Virtual Reality Meetup which happened to be scheduled while I was in town. I connected with him again this week to talk about his impressions and the business of VR.